Monday, May 19, 2008

Another Final Table!

Just a week after my first nlhe mtt win, I was in great posistion to do it a second time! Although the result was not as good as the first, I won almost as much money and placed second to a very good player in heads up. This time the tournament was on Full Tilt, after I had a friend transfer me $10 over to the site so I could play the $2 and $1 rebuys. I a deep run in the $2 rebuy, before losing to a bad beat. The $1 rebuy however, it seemed I could not lose chips. The field consisted of 558 players. My game started to go into high gear when My QJ caught a straight on the flop. After that I pretty much steam rolled to the final table, having the chip lead for a while as well. When the final table did start, I was on a short stack, but that did not last for long. I doubled up to 550k when my AK stood up against an AJ, then went over a million on this hand: I'm dealt 99 and raise to 48k from MP. The CO re-raises to 100k and I make the call. Flop comes 6 2 4 rainbow. I bet 125k and he calls. Turn Q. I check he bets something like 150k and I call. River another Q, I check, he pushes. I sit back and wait for a little bit, and decide he is on AK and make the call. Sure enough, AK is what he was holding, and I took down over a 1 million chip pot and leave him crippled. Things went slow for a while after that, but I reached heads up after I knocked two players out in the same hand when my 77 caught a set. HU went back and forth steadily for about 20 minutes, with both of us having over a million chips. He finally caught the upper hand and was able to knock me out.


I'm very happy with my play, two final tables in one week is no easy task. I got a nice cash out of this tournament, and had a good time playing it. Here is the screen shot, I'll see all of you later!



No comments: